This post is sponsored by Florida Prepaid College Plans. Use Florida Prepaid College Plans promo code SWEET1920 to save on your application fee. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
March is here, and that means spring is in the air! While many kids and parents are preparing for spring break, this is also a great time to think about opening a Florida Prepaid College Plan. Don’t forget that Open Enrollment is now through April 30, and you can use promo code SWEET1920 to save $25 off your enrollment fee!
With Florida Prepaid College Plans, you can start saving for your child’s college education early. In fact, did you know that many parents open a Florida Prepaid College Plan for their child when they are born? Not only is this a wise decision that will help your child to attend college with little or no cost, but it will also keep your child from going into debt with college loans. The average student loan debt is over $31,000. Think of how long that would take your child to pay off that debt! Wouldn’t it be amazing if your child could graduate from college debt free? It can be done thanks to help from Florida Prepaid College Plans!
I have decided that there are things in life I am willing to sacrifice so that my children can have a good education. Just think, if you gave up a cup of coffee or snack at your favorite coffee shop several times per week you could be putting that money towards a Florida Prepaid College Plan for your child! In fact, Florida Prepaid College Plans are the lowest price that they have been in over 5 years with plans starting at just $44 per month!
Florida Prepaid College Plans allows you to plan for your child’s future education without stressing and worrying about the details. They do it all for you! Simply pick the plan that fits into your savings goals and lock in the cost of college for less! You will get such peace of mind in knowing that your child’s future is covered. In addition, Florida Prepaid College Plans are guaranteed by the State of Florida — you will never lose your investment.
Which Schools Accept Florida Prepaid College Plans?
One of the biggest concerns that I hear from many parents is not knowing which Florida Schools accept Florida Prepaid College Plans. The answer to this question is almost all of them! While Florida Prepaid Plans were designed to be used at in-state public institutions, the amount covered by the plan can also be used at technical and vocational schools. Both Florida Prepaid College Plans and Florida 529 Savings Plans benefits may be applied to any eligible educational institution, as defined in s. 529 of the Internal Revenue Code. See the entire list of schools by using the Federal School Code search through the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid Office. I have the entire list for you below as to which Florida Colleges and Universities that accept Florida Prepaid Plans.
Florida Colleges and Universities that Accept Florida Prepaid College Plans:
- Broward College – Fort Lauderdale
- Chipola College – Marianna
- College of Central Florida – Ocala
- Daytona State College – Daytona Beach
- Eastern Florida State College – Cocoa
- Florida Gateway College – Lake City
- Florida Keys Community College – Key West
- Florida SouthWestern State College – Fort Myers
- Florida State College at Jacksonville – Jacksonville
- Gulf Coast State College – Panama City
- Hillsborough Community College – Tampa
- Indian River State College – Fort Pierce
- Lake-Sumter State College – Sumterville
- Miami Dade College – Miami
- North Florida Community College – Madison
- Northwest Florida State College – Niceville
- Palm Beach State College – Lake Worth
- Pasco-Hernando State College – New Port Richey
- Pensacola State College – Pensacola
- Polk State College – Winter Haven
- Santa Fe College – Gainesville
- Seminole State College – Sanford
- South Florida State College – Avon Park
- St. Petersburg College – St. Petersburg
- St. Johns River State College – Palatka
- State College of Florida – Manatee-Sarasota
- Tallahassee Community College – Tallahassee
- Valencia College – Orlando
- Florida A&M University – Tallahassee
- Florida Atlantic University – Boca Raton
- Florida Gulf Coast University – Fort Myers
- Florida International University – Miami
- Florida Polytechnic University – Lakeland
- Florida State University – Tallahassee
- New College of Florida – Sarasota
- University of Central Florida – Orlando
- University of Florida – Gainesville
- University of North Florida – Jacksonville
- University of South Florida – Tampa
- University of West Florida – Pensacola
Do Private Schools Accept Florida Prepaid College Plans?
The answer is YES! With your Florida Prepaid Plan, the value that you pay to the other schools is the same as they would have paid to a Florida school. Even if you save with a traditional Prepaid Plan and your child decides to attend private school, you can still use your plan, you are just responsible for the difference. This is so great to know! I think most people are under the impression that their child has to attend a state school with Florida Prepaid and that is simply not the case.
Can My Child Attend an Out of State School?
I have good news! Your Florida Prepaid College Plan travels too! The plan will pay the same amount as it would pay at a public college or university in Florida. Plus, if your child returns to a Florida school, the Plan qualifies them for in-state tuition. I would encourage you to check out the full list of these schools by using the Federal School Code Search through the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid Office.
How Do I Get Started With Florida Prepaid College Plans?
Now that you know a little bit about which colleges and universities accept Florida Prepaid College Plans, you are ready to start saving for your child’s future! I realize that many people such as myself may be on a strict budget and don’t feel that they have the extra money to set aside towards a college fund for their children. Think again! My husband I personally love Florida Prepaid because they make saving for college easy, affordable and stress free! Florida Prepaid has plans for every budget.
I would suggest that you use the Florida Prepaid Pricing Tool. This tool is a fantastic resource that will help you calculate exactly how much your monthly payments will be for each plan. You simply enter the child’s date of birth and it will give you the monthly cost for each plan! See, I told you that they make it super easy! There is NO reason to not invest!
When it comes to plan options, there are many different options available. May I suggest that if you are looking for a budget-friendly option that you start small with the 1-Year University Plan? This is the plan that we enrolled Brady with last year and I could not be more pleased. It is such a flexible option and even allows for different family members to purchase an additional year if they want to, adding up to 4 years! It is better to start small than not have anything at all. You can see the entire list of plans available HERE.
So, what are you waiting for? Join my family and the over 1 million other Florida families who have already invested with Florida Prepaid! When you invest in the gift of education, you are giving your children to the opportunity to be the leaders of tomorrow! I am so thankful for Florida Prepaid and we know that Brady has a wonderful future ahead of him thanks to help from our Florida Prepaid College Plan! Use promo code SWEET1920 to save $25 off your application fee. Open Enrollment is now through April 30.
Do you still have questions? Be sure to visit the Florida Prepaid College Plans FAQ question page HERE. In addition, I have several other posts HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE that may also help answer your questions!