(All posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Please see my disclosure policy)
We absolutely love Chinese food. BUT, it can be so fattening and many times you don’t know what ingredients are being used when it is prepared. Also, since I am gluten free, I cannot eat many of the Chinese dishes that are available in the traditional Chinese restaurants these days. Needless to say, eating out a Chinese restaurant for me can be quite challenging! When I came across this recipe for Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry I was so excited! I have made some modifications to my liking, but it is so delicious! We just love this! I served it over cauliflower rice for myself and Jasmine rice for the boys.
- 1 1/2 lbs thin angus cut beef round steak, sliced into thin strips
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- Slice the angus steak into 1/4 inch thin strips.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the fish sauce, beef stock, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
- Add the steak to the bowl and mix until all pieces are coated. Set aside. Let marinate for an hour. I would even go longer if you have the time to do so to give the meat extra flavor.
- While the meat is marinating, clean and trim the broccoli and slice the mushrooms so that they are ready to go.
- Heat a wok (or large skillet) over high heat. Add the oil to the pan.
- Once the pan is hot, add the broccoli, coating it in the oil and stir frying for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and add to the hot pan. Stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce in the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Continue stir frying the mixture over high heat until the meat is cooked through and the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Serve the mixture over rice or cauliflower rice and enjoy! This is absolutely so delicious and it is sure to be a new favorite on your menu rotation!
This recipe has been adapted from Peace Love and Low Carb.