(All posts may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Please see my disclosure policy)
I love to try out new recipes for family and these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers always get my family’s approval! f you like the traditional Philly Cheesesteak, then you will LOVE this! It is really easy to put together and bakes in no time! This recipe is also low carb and Gluten Free which is also a plus in my book.
8 oz. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef (I just used the Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh variety but any variety will work)
8 Slices Provolone Cheese
2 Large Green Bell Peppers cut in half lengthwise with the seeds and ribs removed
1 Medium Sweet Onion – Sliced
6 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms – Sliced
2 Tbs. Butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the ribs and seeds.
- In a large skillet, sautee the mushrooms, onions and garlic in the butter. Add the sliced roast beef to the mixture to blend with the flavors of the veggies.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of Provolone Cheese.
- Pile the Meat and Veggie mixture high into each pepper.
- Top with another slice of Provolone Cheese.
- Bake in 400 Degree oven for around 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and the peppers are tender to the touch.
Enjoy! Your tastebuds will thank you!