If you are a lover of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, then today’s Tasty Tuesday is for you!
My little boy Drew doesn’t care for much candy, but he does love Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I was thrilled to find a recipe on All Recipes.com for this so last week we had a blast and made them. I have to tell you these taste just as good as the real thing and the longer you let them set in the refrigerator, the yummier they get! I hope that you will enjoy them as much as we did!
Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 (11.5 ounce) package milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Trim 12 Paper muffin cup liners to half their height.
2. Place half the bag of chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish and place in microwave for around 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and creamy.
3. Spoon the melted mixture into each of the muffin cup liners. I picked up each individual liner and did it that way as it seemed much easier. Fill each muffin liner half way full and be sure to place chocolate up the sides of the liners. Refrigerate until firm.
4. While the chocolate is hardening, mix the peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar and salt in a small bowl.
5. Mix the remaining chocolate morsels in another bowl and repeat step 2.
6. Remove the firm chocolate from the refrigerator and place peanut butter mixture into each cup.
7. Take the remaining melted chocolate mixture and place over peanut butter mixture making sure that chocolate is filled up on the sides of the liners.
8. Refrigerate until top chocolate layer is hardened.
9. Enjoy! You will love these they are so yummy! Don’t look at the calories!