If you are new to couponing, you may need some inspiration to get started into this wonderful world of saving money. If you follow my 7 Steps to Sweet Succes, you will be well on your way to a whole new world of saving instead of spending your hard-earned money!
1. Sunday Newspaper-Purchase at least 2 newspapers on Sunday. This will give you 2 like coupons if there is a Buy One Get One Free Sale on items at your store. Remember, most stores do let you use a coupon on the FREE item. The more coupons that you have, the more sale items you can add to your stockpile.
2. System of Organization-Find the best system of coupon organization that works best for you. Once you start collecting coupons on a weekly basis, you will see just how many coupons that you can accumulate. Good coupon organization is key to being a successful couponer!
3. Set a goal for yourself. Start small. Each week plan on saving just a few more dollars than you did the last week. Before you know it, you will be saving hundreds of dollars and building a wonderful stockpile for you and your family.
I would also suggest to gradually add a few extra minutes each week towards your goal. In the beginning especially, it can take some time to set your goal. Once you know what you are doing and searching for, you will be a pro in no time at all!
Secondly, start with one store and learn their policies. Don’t overwhelm yourself with too many stores at one time or you will get overwhelmed. Gradually add stores once you are comfortable with their policies and coupon limits.
4. Stack coupons to maximize your savings. Many stores have their own store coupons that you can stack with a manufacturer’s coupon to double your savings! The general rule of thumb for stacking is one manufacturer’s coupon and one store coupon per item purchased. Stacking coupons, is probably one of the easiest ways to start building yourself a nice stockpile of items as you will be able to get items for Free or very inexpensive.
5. Start shopping the sales. Scour the weekly ads and check out sneak peeks to your favorite stores. Did you know that many stores will post the next week’s ad as much as a week in advance? This allows you to prepare in advance and to get your coupons and shopping list together so that you have a plan of action.
6. Stockpile. Once you start couponing and searching for bargains, you will quickly see how easy it is to get items for Free and very inexpensive. If your favorite brand of pasta is on sale and you are able to get it for Free or very inexpensive with coupons, purchase as many boxes as possible and add them to your stockpile. A great stockpile is made when you gradually add items each week that are Free or very inexpensive.
7. Share. Once you start adding items to your stockpile, you will quickly realize that not only do you have enough items for you and your family to last for several months, but you will also be able to donate items to those in need and to share those items with your family and friends. Even if an item is on sale that you and your family do not typically use but you can get it for FREE or pennies on the dollar. Go ahead and get those items to donate to those people in need!
Good luck on this wonderful journey of saving money! You will never go back to spending full price for items again!
?Have couponing questions? Please feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org