If you have been reading my blog for any amount of time now, you know how much that I LOVE to cook and bake! I started Tasty Tuesday’s here on the blog to share with you all some of my favorite recipes that are staples around our house, as well as those recipes that I test on occasion.
I was recently introduced to the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond by one of my readers, Debra. I have to tell you that I am now hooked! Her recipes are not only easy to prepare, but oh-so delicious! She also give step-by step instructions that anyone can easily follow.
Today’s Tasty Tuesday recipe, French Breakfast Puffs,comes from Ree Drummond’s Cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I made these on Saturday, and they were divine! I hope that you will try them for yourself!
Ingredients for the Puffs:
3 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening
1 cup milk
Coating for the puffs:
1/2 pound of butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
2. in a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a seperate large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar.
4. Add egss and mix again.
5. Alternate adding one-third of the flour mixture and one-third of the milk to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
6. Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove the muffins from the pan and set aside.
8. To make the coating for the puffs. melt the butter in a bowl or glass pan. In a seperate container, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
9. Dip the warm muffins in the butter coating thoroughly…
10. Oh yeah you know what comes next….roll each muffin in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Don’t be afraid to coat those babies! 🙂
11. Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or tea!